NytramsPlace

Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: The Freecycle Network.


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 32424
Date:
The Freecycle Network.
Permalink  
 


 

 A free to sign-up nonprofit website that helps people give away free stuff that they don't need to people who need it in their local town/neighborhood. Their goal is to promote re-use of goods that would otherwise go into landfills.

 

https://www.freecycle.org/



__________________

Nytram Press   

© 2020

 

 

 



Resident Curmudgeon

Status: Offline
Posts: 11885
Date:
The Freecycle Network.
Permalink  
 


Ah, hell...take it to HABITAT...so we can sell it and build houses for people who need a decent plce to live.
Freecycle lets pack rats like me acquire STUFF that I have no room for...and that would just piss Lucinda off.

Charlie

__________________

EE047YSXoAUvgOF.jpg

 

 There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. -- Albert Schweitzer

 
 King-Nixon-280.jpg 
KCM (Imperial Lizard and Resident Curmudgeon)



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 32424
Date:
RE: The Freecycle Network.
Permalink  
 


KidCharlieMane wrote:


Freecycle lets pack rats like me acquire STUFF that I have no room for...and that would just piss Lucinda off.

Charlie


You can also give stuff away on Freecycle.

wink



__________________

Nytram Press   

© 2020

 

 

 



Resident Curmudgeon

Status: Offline
Posts: 11885
Date:
The Freecycle Network.
Permalink  
 


nytram wrote:
KidCharlieMane wrote:


Freecycle lets pack rats like me acquire STUFF that I have no room for...and that would just piss Lucinda off.

Charlie


You can also give stuff away on Freecycle.

wink


 I have a basement full of crap that I will take to Habitat, if I ever get off my ass and sort it out and box it up.

Tools from my old man and the deceased widows who once lived on either side of us, and whose husbands died years ago.

LOTS of tools.They will make our store some money.

Charlie

 



__________________

EE047YSXoAUvgOF.jpg

 

 There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. -- Albert Schweitzer

 
 King-Nixon-280.jpg 
KCM (Imperial Lizard and Resident Curmudgeon)



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 32424
Date:
RE: The Freecycle Network.
Permalink  
 


The one thing I will never do is get rid of my tools.

disbelief



__________________

Nytram Press   

© 2020

 

 

 



Resident Curmudgeon

Status: Offline
Posts: 11885
Date:
The Freecycle Network.
Permalink  
 


nytram wrote:

The one thing I will never do is get rid of my tools.

disbelief


 I have too much of a good thing. I bet I have dozens of screwdrivers, for example. I need to keep the best, and dump the rest.

But I'm lazy. So the basement is just full of crap. Garage, too.

Charlie

 



__________________

EE047YSXoAUvgOF.jpg

 

 There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. -- Albert Schweitzer

 
 King-Nixon-280.jpg 
KCM (Imperial Lizard and Resident Curmudgeon)



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 32424
Date:
RE: The Freecycle Network.
Permalink  
 


I have a rule. If I bring one thing into the house I have to take two out.



__________________

Nytram Press   

© 2020

 

 

 



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 4643
Date:
The Freecycle Network.
Permalink  
 


nytram wrote:

The one thing I will never do is get rid of my tools.

disbelief


Time would agree with you, if he wasn't busy rebuilding the floor in his tool room.  he loves the tools, he often buys tools at yard sales, brings them home and cleans them up so they look brand new then he hoards them.



__________________

 Arguing with a trumper is like playing chess with a pigeon. They knock over the pieces, shit on the board, then strut around like they won.

 
 

 



Administrative Assistant

Status: Offline
Posts: 2506
Date:
The Freecycle Network.
Permalink  
 


No thanks. Dealing with people on Craigslist once was enough for me. I'm with Charlie. I'd rather drop something off at a thrift store than try to set up a meeting with the insane weirdos who hang out on those websites. And meeting someone at all nowadays? Not worth the trouble or the risk.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 32424
Date:
RE: The Freecycle Network.
Permalink  
 


ghostal wrote:

No thanks. Dealing with people on Craigslist once was enough for me. I'm with Charlie. I'd rather drop something off at a thrift store than try to set up a meeting with the insane weirdos who hang out on those websites. And meeting someone at all nowadays? Not worth the trouble or the risk.


 no



__________________

Nytram Press   

© 2020

 

 

 



Administrative Assistant

Status: Offline
Posts: 2506
Date:
RE: The Freecycle Network.
Permalink  
 


nytram wrote:
ghostal wrote:

No thanks. Dealing with people on Craigslist once was enough for me. I'm with Charlie. I'd rather drop something off at a thrift store than try to set up a meeting with the insane weirdos who hang out on those websites. And meeting someone at all nowadays? Not worth the trouble or the risk.


 no


 The thrift store is free, easy, and often supports the less fortunate. Why in the world would anyone deal with this instead?



__________________


Resident Curmudgeon

Status: Offline
Posts: 11885
Date:
The Freecycle Network.
Permalink  
 


ghostal wrote:
nytram wrote:
ghostal wrote:

No thanks. Dealing with people on Craigslist once was enough for me. I'm with Charlie. I'd rather drop something off at a thrift store than try to set up a meeting with the insane weirdos who hang out on those websites. And meeting someone at all nowadays? Not worth the trouble or the risk.


 no


 The thrift store is free, easy, and often supports the less fortunate. Why in the world would anyone deal with this instead?


 I have two places to buy, sell, find, and give away shit. One is Nextdoor. I'm very well-known there...you might even say notorious. I have bought and sold and acquired and given stuff away there for the last five years.

The other place, of course, is Habitat's ReStore. I don't even donate stuff anymore...I just carry it in through the side door,  take it to my workspace, slap a price tag on it, and put it out for sale.

Poof. Gone. More moolah for the Cause! Craigslist? Nope! That site has too many creepy people.

I went to a class about eBay at the library...and I said "Fuck this noise!" Took home all the handouts and shredded them. Upvotes and downvotes and likes? No way in hell...disbelief

Charlie





__________________

EE047YSXoAUvgOF.jpg

 

 There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. -- Albert Schweitzer

 
 King-Nixon-280.jpg 
KCM (Imperial Lizard and Resident Curmudgeon)



Administrative Assistant

Status: Offline
Posts: 2506
Date:
RE: The Freecycle Network.
Permalink  
 


KidCharlieMane wrote:
ghostal wrote:
nytram wrote:
ghostal wrote:

No thanks. Dealing with people on Craigslist once was enough for me. I'm with Charlie. I'd rather drop something off at a thrift store than try to set up a meeting with the insane weirdos who hang out on those websites. And meeting someone at all nowadays? Not worth the trouble or the risk.


 no


 The thrift store is free, easy, and often supports the less fortunate. Why in the world would anyone deal with this instead?


 I have two places to buy, sell, find, and give away shit. One is Nextdoor. I'm very well-known there...you might even say notorious. I have bought and sold and acquired and given stuff away there for the last five years.

The other place, of course, is Habitat's ReStore. I don't even donate stuff anymore...I just carry it in through the side door,  take it to my workspace, slap a price tag on it, and put it out for sale.

Poof. Gone. More moolah for the Cause! Craigslist? Nope! That site has too many creepy people.

I went to a class about eBay at the library...and I said "Fuck this noise!" Took home all the handouts and shredded them. Upvotes and downvotes and likes? No way in hell...disbelief

Charlie




 I don't know what you mean by "upvotes, downvotes, and likes" and I've been selling stuff on eBay for a decade. confuse Usually I just list the stuff and then ship it out when it sells.



__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.



Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard